Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What inspires me may inspire you: Calvin.

Thank you to all who celebrated Jamie’s Birthday with us. The out pour of love has been amazing.


As I mentioned in the last post, one year after Jamie’s birth we welcomed our son Calvin into our family. Today he turned two.



I am the youngest of three girls. My dad is the only son of five children. In general males are a bit of a rarity in my estrogen heavy extended family. Calvin is 110% boy. It has been a steep learning curve adjusting to this truck throwing, football obsessed, dinosaur roaring, very very filthy world of the little boy. I am learning and loving it.

Sneak peak at my work in progress. 
If Calvin is 110% boy its because he is 130% his daddy. He is also maybe about 13% me which if my math is right puts him at 253% Calvin. Yeah that sounds right. The kid looks like me but acts like Andrew. There is one trait I am hoping he picked up from me. In addition to the color changing hazel of our eyes, I hope he shares in my artsy genetics. I have always wanted at least one kid bitten by the artsy fartsy bug. He has been coloring in furiously lately. He always wants to paint and has known all the colors for a few weeks already. (All meaning the basics of course. Can’t really expect the just two-year-old to know cerulean. Heck I don’t even expect you to know cerulean. If you don’t, google it. Its lovely. I cannot and refuse to pick a favorite color but this one is up there. Ok tangent over. Back to bragging.)

detail from rainbow stegosaurus


Kids grow fast. I do not expect him to be obsessed with choo-choos forever. Although, I would not be surprised if he continues to sleep with a football for a very long time. My point is I cannot know if he will be an artist and I don’t really care. It has just made me smile lately. He doesn't have to be an artist. If he wants to be a brain surgeon, quarterback, rocket scientist I am sure I will learn to accept that.  



Calvin is named after Calvin and Hobbes. Shortly after he was born we bought Calvin his Hobbes. The poor tiger has been shrinking ever since. New evidence just in today.


1 week
1 month
2 months
3 months
4 months
5 months

6 months

7 months
8 months
9 months
10 months
11 months
1 year
1.5 years
2 years



Happy Birthday Son.


My Calvin inspires me. What inspires you?

The Girl in the Lane Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment